~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Thursday, April 5, 2012

Garbage Day! (Pagan Blog Project "G")

I returned to the trailhead where I saw so much trash and ended up carrying two very full trash bags out... I wanted to do more but honestly, I was wiped out. My legs felt like noodles and I had the tremors really bad. I went back and Saturday and hauled out two more bags!

Mountain Mother was pleased, she sent me a large bright yellow butterfly. The butterfly flew in circles around me and at one point I though it was going to land on my hand! It was an amazing and beautiful experience. I wish I could have gotten a photo but it would not hold still LOL. It's just not everyday you see large butterflies in Payson, so I went home and hopped on the computer to look up Arizona butterflies and found a pic that resembles it.

Two Tailed Swallowtail,
Arizona's State Butterfly

While I was there I took photos of that rock floor I wrote about in my Cybele post... I just find it so interesting how the ground of the entire area is covered with these giant slabs of rocks like an ancient stone floor.



Near the edge of the mountain, there are clusters of large stones, and if you stand on them you have the most amazing view! I did some rock hopping and tree limb dodging to get this photo, and I one point got my hair tangled in one of the branches LOL

Rock Edge

While there Saturday, I broke bread with Mountain Mother, sharing a bagel, as well as my gratitude with her and leaving her some pretty Spring flowers.



 I was a physically exhausting weekend, but beautiful in so many ways! 
Thank you Mountain Mother!

Great Mother bestowed to us
A wondrous blessing in Nature
Her beauty is astounding
Glorious landscapes and seascapes, the
Simple pleasures and joys of her creatures, and
The magick of her Seasons.
Each day is a gift of love
How I rejoice in it!






No comments:

Post a Comment