~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 7 of 15 Days of Thankfulness

November 16 - Day 7 -  3 inspiring songs you are thankful for.


(1) Pink's F*ckin Perfect. When this song first came out it really spoke to me. During my first few years of life, natural father didn't want anything to do with me because I was not a boy; then as I got older I was one of those kids that never fit in and was teased by the other kids at school. I spent my recess either standing against a wall or fence, or walking around by myself, so I grew up with a very poor self esteem and have battled depression most my life... I didn't learn to love myself until my early 40's.  I'm still one of those people that doesn't quite fit in, but that's ok... I'm fine with that now. I'm a unique individual and I walk my own path. I'm a part of deity; the Goddess resides in me... I was born into this life to be the person I have become; therefore I'm perfect just the way I am. Apart from me, this song is plain empowering and I imagine it speaks to many people. I love this song!



(2) Just Stand Up sung by Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Rihanna, Mariah, Melissa Etheridge, Mary Blige, LeAnn Rimes, Leona Lewis, Keysha, Ashanti, Sheryl Crow, Natasha Bedingfield, Fergie, and Miley. Although this song was written about the fight against Cancer, the lyrics are awesome; its message is a strong one and encourages us not to give up; the lyrics can apply to life in general, not just Cancer.


(3) The Climb by Miley Cyrus. I'm not really a Miley fan but this song has an excellent message about life. Life can be difficult, full of heartbreak, frustration, and fear but we have to keep pushing forward. Miley's song encourages us to stay strong and keep going. Life may be full of trials and set backs, but it can be beautiful too. All our life experiences help us to grow into the people we are destined to become, and although it can be quite disturbing at times, life is definitely worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment