~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 6 of 15 Days of Thankfulness

November 15 - Day 6 - 3 things you can see right now that you are thankful for.


I am sitting in my bedroom, reclining on my bed, and using my laptop, soooo...

(1) My bed. I am thankful to have a comfortable bed to sleep on each night, covers to keep me warm, and pillows to rest my head on and cuddle with.

(2) My bedroom fan. I am thankful to have a fan in my bedroom to aid my sleeping and the electricity that enables it to work. I've had to have a fan in my bedroom since I was a child; I like the air blowing directly on me all year round, and the white noise helps lull me to sleep.

(3) My laptop. I am thankful to have a laptop, or any computer for that matter, a well as the electricity for it to work, and the internet to to go online with! I would be lost without my laptop & internet!

What a very short and... well honestly,  SHALLOW, list, but the topic did say to list 3 things that I can see right now. I cold add my clothes; I am VERY thankful to have clothes! I am also extremely thankful for my medication which is also in sight, for without my medication I would be hospitalized and on oxygen, IV, and heart monitor. Been there, done that and don't want to be in that position again, thank you very much.

If I really want to get serious... I am very thankful to even have a home with walls, roof, running water, utilities for heat, a/c, and cooking, plumbing, and equipped with separate bedrooms for myself and  my son... privacy is a blessing too! You know, I may consider myself "poor" and struggle just to live paycheck to paycheck, but honestly, I'm very lucky and I do count my blessings, believe me. Everything is so hard right now, but they could always be worse.

And my family... I remember a time when we had large Thanksgiving dinners that included my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, cousins, and my great grandma, but now our family is so small. I used to dread those big meals with all those people, the noise... it would all stress me out, but as an adult and my family getting smaller over the years... I sure would like to have those family dinners again. I have lost so many... my favorite aunt, my Dad, my grandparents, and two cousins that I grew up with; I miss them all. So I am very grateful for the family I have.

For the last couple of days I've been missing my Dad really, really bad. I think partly because it is the holiday season, and partly because I have been reflecting on the past alot lately. Whatever will I do when Mom joins him?  I dread the thought of it.

Dad has been so heavy in my mind, I thought I would pull some cards from my Angel deck, holding him in my head and asking Dad for a message; this is what I got...

I have been so worried about Mom; she is flat broke, can no longer afford her mortgage payments, can't refinance, and now has called me asking for help to pay her utilities. Medicare capped her and they stopped paying for her medications for the rest of this year... and I'm living paycheck to paycheck and barely making it. It just breaks my heart... been crying alot. Mom deserves better. So anyway, this message is much appreciated: TRUST, DIVINE TIMING, and MIRACLES thank you Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Just popping in from The Village Witch to say hello and thank you for joining the blog party! http://www.thevillagewitch.co.uk

    ReplyDelete