~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Saturday, October 29, 2011

2 More Days till Halloween/Samhain!

I went shopping and got pumpkins for pumpkin seeds and jack-o-lanterns, some fake blood and make-up, and some more candy for the trick-or-treaters if we have any, a flannel shirt, and some hair goop. I hate product in my hair but I want my hair to hold the messy look for the office costume party Monday. We were informed on our Friday afternoon that we are having a costume contest and a luncheon at work, and EVERYONE has to dress up.

I wasn't planning on dressing up because my budget has been so darn tight, but since we HAVE to dress up and participate in the contest (sigh) my plans have changed. So I had to come up with something fairly cheap... I decided on a zombie (face and hair only). I checked out tutorials on youtube and found some really awesome ones for zombie make-up, and they look fairly easy. I guess the real test will be Monday morning LOL  ... I have to get up extra early to be ready for work on time, bleck!

So anyways, in this tutorial she uses tissue paper, eyelash glue, and fake blood to create the open wounds. I would have never ever thought of tissue paper!  It looks pretty good when they finished; hopefully it will work as good for me.




You think this will gross anybody out at the luncheon?  LOL  Oh well, if they say I'm too gross to stay for the lunch, I can have one of my co-workers get me a to-go container and bring it to me later. I for one do not have a weak stomach; I find really good scary effects to be C O O L including blood and gore.

I will try to get a pic of me to post later :)   Usually these contests are usually more of a popularity contest; people are pretty clickish where I work and I have never been one for clicks, oh well...
WISH ME LUCK!
MwaHaHahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment