~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Sunday, October 30, 2011

Samhain/Halloween is Here!

It was a beautiful Autumn day today, the temp was perfect and the sky was clear and sunny. As I was leaving the house to run errands I got some pics of our resident feral cats... one on the roof, and two under the tree; they are completely feral and run if you get too close, darn it. I love cats. So we have our two house cats, and those outside that live under the house, as well as the neighborhood cats that sometimes visit.

So apart from admiring the cats, I did some grocery shopping, got my black lights out of my Mom's garage where they were stored, came home and tested them; one works great, but the other not so much :(   Carved two out of three of the pumpkins... I pooped out after the first two. I baked the pumpkin seeds, made Orange Chicken and Rice for dinner, currently doing laundry,  and I did a practice run with my make-up so I kind of know what I'm doing in the morning LOL

Kitties



Pumpkins


 I found a sprout inside one of the pumpkins.

Pumpkin seeds for baking!

 Scary faced jack-o-lantern

You can't see it very well, but this is a cat faced jack-o-lantern.
I'm no pumpkin carving artist LOL I wish I had the proper tools to carve intricate jack-o-lanterns... that might help!

Yummy baked pumpkin seeds!



ZOMBIE
So... the zombie make up with tissue paper, eyelash glue. I'm not real happy with the tissue paper thing or the eyelash glue, and that make up you by at the drug store... yeah, it sucks; it's way too greasy so I can't use that. I ended up using baby powder and black and green eye shadow. My lines around my mouth are a little too heavy; I will try to do better tomorrow. Ok, without further ado... the result!








No comments:

Post a Comment