~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Monday, October 10, 2011

10/10/11 Card of the Day- Aine

I drew Aine tonight; she is the the Fairy Queen, also the Irish Goddess of love and light, who created abundance for all that grows upon the Earth; she feeds not only our body, but our soul.  She is goddess of prosperity, protector of women, animals and the environment, the essence of growth. She suggests the power of love to spread magick in the world. 


Her card says:
"Magic is afoot. Find a way to encourage it."


The first thing I thought of was to consult my Calendar/Planner for Moon correspondences and it is one day away from the Full Moon! Us witchy folk celebrate the Full Moon 3 days before as well as 3 days after. During a Full Moon virtually any magick is attainable, so of course magick is afoot!  A Full Moon is a prime time for rituals concerning prophecy, protection, divination, and any working that needs extra power, as well as love, knowledge, legal undertakings, money, and dreams.

According to my calendar today is a good day for spells and workings regarding household harmony and patience, and tomorrow's Full Moon is the Warrior Moon, good for spells and workings regarding competition, and personal advocacy. 

Back to the card... I'm taking from this card, that I am being encouraged to do something this Moon. I don't always celebrate each Moon or do spellwork... only when I feel the compulsion to do so. I'm a sporadic person and do things as the mood hits... although I'm not particularly feeling the need right this minute, the Goddess is encouraging me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment