~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

When Things Get Rough, Don't You Quit!

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.
~Author Unknown~


Life is seldom ever easy, and should you happen to be going through a smooth spell, look out… it’s often the quiet before the storm LOL. It seems like these little mild and quiet peaceful times are our times of rest before all hell breaks loose… a reprieve so we can rest from our struggles a bit before we experience another growth spurt.

Growth spurt? Yes… those hurdles placed in our paths, those mountains we must sometimes climb… the struggles in our lives, those are growth spurts, and the heartache, stress, fear, frustration… those are our growing pains. Sometimes we all just want to say F*#@K it, but the truth is, we have to keep going because LIFE can’t be put on hold while we catch up; there is no EASY button (however I do have in my possession a bullshit button LMAO I keep it on my desk at work, and when you push it, sirens and alarms sound LOL, a hand me down from my Mom, and although it doesn’t necessarily make things easier, it adds humor to the day!) As much as we sometimes would love to throw in that towel and walk away… well, in the game of REAL life, that is often not an option.

This is doubly difficult for a person who suffers from depression, because man-o-man when the ‘D’ word sets in… well things can get ugly, but the thing is, bills still need to be paid, kids still need to be cared for and loved, pets need your love and attention, you have to keep going to work if you want a paycheck to pay those bills and have food for your family and prescriptions for your health needs… if you are like me, medication is a MUST; if I go without them for too long I end up in the hospital hooked up to an IV and oxygen, then get handed a HUGE bill… I try to avoid that at all costs because I can’t afford another damned bill.

So what choice do we have but too keep plodding along, but that’s okay, because without the storms there would be no rainbows. We have to remember that although we may be experiencing a particularly difficult time in our lives, it is TEMPORARY; it too shall pass, as cliché as that sounds, it is the truth, and do you know what awaits us at the end of our bumpy ride? Strength, growth, wisdom… and peace… and occasionally some pride too, because we didn’t give up; we kept right on plodding along through all the mire and the muck that was weighing us down. We are all survivors, and at the end we can take a deep breath and say “I did it!”

Everything changes; without change there would be no growth, just stagnation, and you know as well as I do that stagnation is not fun either. Change is part of the cycle of life; it comes in different forms, and sometimes we welcome that change, while other times we fight it tooth and nail, and why? We can’t stop it, and if we try, it just drags us along kicking and screaming. Change is inevitable; it’s best if we can just accept it and go with the flow, but I haven’t quite learned to do that yet. I get the poor me’s and wallow in fear for awhile, sometimes spiraling into a depression, before I eventually wake up, put my faith in the Universe and just take one day at a time.

That is my key to survival… ONE DAY AT A TIME, as well as positive affirmations thrown in for reinforcement. Positive affirmations really DO work, but to be perfectly honest, there are times when I just go to bed… on my days off, I just want to sleep as much as I can… that’s the depression, but on my days off that’s what I do, yet somehow I still manage to feed my cats, my son, go grocery shopping, do laundry, and keep a so-so clean house, so that’s a good sign; when all that comes to a screeching halt, then I’m in trouble, but I haven’t been that bad off in years.

So remember, when life gets you down… keep going, there is a purpose for each hurdle in our path and although we may stumble and fall, we WILL get back up; we are survivors; we will endure and when we finally make it over the hill, there is a reward on the other end… embrace it!


Some Witch Humor to Make You Smile

Are you smiling yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment