~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Readings

I pulled a card Thursday night, skipped Friday and Saturday, and woke up with the cards calling to me today. I will begin with today's card, then follow with Thursday's cards.

Today's card is Sekhmet, the Egyptian Goddess of the Underworld, Honored Mighty One. She was created when Hathor came down to Earth seeking vengence on mankind. She became the "destructive eye of the Sun", a solar goddess named Eye of Ra bringer of death but also life. She was much feared for her bloodthirsty rampage upon Egypt. Later, she was married to Ptah the God of healing, which brought her balance. Her other aspects include Strength, Enchantments, Healer and patroness of surgeons.

Her card says:
"Let your darker emotions bring you strength"



My thoughts: it has been my experience that sometimes in my darkest hours, my darker emotions enable me to rise up and fight, lending me the strength to keep going, and eventually overcome the source of my troubles. By drawing this card I am being reminded to rise up and presevere, and that the darkness can also be a blessing.

Thursday's Cards were Ajysit and Fortuna. I had the intention of drawing one card, however while shuffling Ajysit fell out: I accepted that card as a bonus, for when a card falls out like that, it has a special meaning/message. I put her aside, finished shuffling, cut the deck, and drew Fortuna.

Ajysit is the Goddess of Birth to the Yakut indians in Siberia; Ajysit would materialize at the time of a birth, as Midwife as well as Spiritual Mother. She would relieve labor pain, and once the child is born she would take responsibility of the baby's soul. This card represents a reminder that each of us possesses a soul with unique qualities, but sometimes we require help to give birth to those qualities; this labor can be difficult. So this card reminds me not to give up, that I am not alone and assistance will come when I need it most.

Her card says:
"Look for help to appear when you need it most"


Fortuna's Card says:
"Believe in your good fortune."

Fortuna is the Roman Goddes of Fortune; she reigns over fertility, good luck, laws of chance, and the surprise of change... often unpredictale, hence the blindfold. She is a reminder that we should not resist change, that fate is the Will of the Divine, and events unfold for a specific purpose... one of my beliefs is that things happen for a reason; events (good or bad) in our life shape us into the person we are meant to be. So by drawing this card, I am being reminded of just that, and to be grateful for my blessings.

This card goes well with its predessor Ajysit; together they tell me that I am experiencing a great change in my life, and although it may be scary and difficult, it is for a divine purpose... and I am never alone; I am in the care of the Divine and being guided through this time. Perhaps it is also telling me to count my blessings and focus on the good rather than my troubles, and through this difficulty, something good is about to be born, have faith and give thanks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment