~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Decorating for Samhain/Halloween... Yay!

The fun has begun! I started decorating for Samhain/Halloween tonight. I'm really please with my bookshelf, and I'm still working on the fireplace, but this is how everything is looking so far...

My bookshelf, doesn't it look awesome?
I've got a collection of potions, eyeballs in a jar, 
bugs in a candy dish, mice in a jar,
skulls, skeleton limbs, and just the 2 jack-o-lanterns.

Here's a close up of the eyeballs, potion, and bugs in a jar.

Here's a close up of the skulls, limbs, and a black jack-o-lantern.


Man Eating Rat
(rubber rat and skeleton limb... looks like he's munching away LOL)

 The bookshelf again... different view

Hand painted pumpkin flower arrangement... made by me :)

This is Spider Corner; it's got misc. spiders and a spooky picture.

The spooky picture

My fireplace so far

A witch hat votiff on the mantle

A jack-o-lantern votiff on the mantle

I apologize if the photos are blurry but I have the shakes and I was using my cell phone LOL I plan on doing spider webs on my porch but I have to keep the outside decorations to a bare minimum due to the neighborhood I'm in... not the greatest, but it's not the worst either. 

I sure hope I have alot of trick-or-treaters this year; we rarely got any in my old neighborhood. We do have more kids around here, but the streets are really dark, so we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment