~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Dig Deep

One of my favorite bloggers has begun a new challenge to write about surprises that bring good things. You can find Rommy here.

I got a surprise last week, but whether or not it brings good things is still pending. I am walking the very fine line between pre-diabetes and diabetes... a one digit difference. To say that I am not thrilled to add yet another disease and/condition to my growing list, is just the tip of the iceberg.

At first, I was quite upset (to say the least) and it just added more power to this damned depression. For a little bit... I was feeling defeat, but after wallowing and silently raging, I dug deep and came out fighting some more.

Fine, I may very well be on the precipice of diabeties, but I'm going to try like hell to reverse my numbers! The fight is on, and my Muse was empowered; we wrote a poem...

When depression comes for an unwanted
extended stay and life grows ever darker
You must dig deep

When chronic health and pain
Make your days difficult to bear
You must dig deep

When restricted airways steal your breath
Making everyday tasks frustrating
You must dig deep

When you've just been diagnosed with yet
another disease (or on the cusp of)
You must dig deep

When your willing reclusive lifestyle
becomes a lonely prison
You must dig deep

When you are flat exhausted
Body, mind, and soul and you crave sleep
You must dig deep

When you think you can't deal with all of it
any longer, and you want to give up
You MUST dig deep

When life is a war
raging deep within your soul
DIG DEEP

6 comments:

  1. The repetition feels like a mantra, a strong and holy one, to keep us steady when it seems like life threatens to knock us down. Good luck waging the war on diabetes. My husband is fighting the good fight too, so I know it can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♡ I've watched my Mom and sister battle diabetes. The wicked combo of CHF/Diabetes/COPD took Mom from us. I saw what she went through and I don't want it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for a message I needed today. Having to fight for good health can be exhausting, but those numbers can be reversed. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and thank you for your good wishes and support... it is so true!

      Delete
  3. I'm sending a link to this post to a relative of mine who has been dancing with pre-diabetes for some time now. Getting more to deal with is never a good thing, it can be damn infuriating, but... like you poem so effectively say, "You must dig deep" into the bad to find the good. Pre-diabetes sucks but it also gives you a bit of time to make some personal changes towards not falling into the diabetes hole. Like you said, that doesn't sound like the best of things, but having a chance is always better.

    Dig deep, I shall too.

    ReplyDelete