~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Saturday, December 1, 2018

Humbuggerish Dilema

What does one say when one's thoughts are constantly humbuggerish? You know that saying... "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"... well, I'm inclined to not say anything at all, but when one has a blog... what's the point?

I'm at the point where I want to be positive and find joy wherever, whenever possible, but it eludes me. Everything is, if anything, blah.

I started a new painting, but it has been sitting unfinished for a couple of weeks. I just dont have the motivation to finish her. I don't have the motivation to do much of anything, except sleep and gorge myself. Maybe I should just share my painting, and maybe someone or something will inspire me to continue.

This is Morrigan; she's currently in a state of limbo, unfinished and... I feel like she's missing something (other than the incomplete runes).  She's currently strictly watercolor, but that may change.

I was thinking of adding decorative details with metallic pen, and maybe some metallic or sparkly acrylic paint, but I haven't decided on what I want to do, exactly. Feel free to jump in with any ideas, tips, and or opinions... but please be kind.

2 comments:

  1. When I'm stuck... or, when I want to scream instead of doing something productive (like getting up and bathing *cough*), I try to start something new. It doesn't have to be a complete new project, but just a different approach. For instance, I've been working on a collection of shorts stories (editing, mostly) and got bored. To kill the boring monster, I started writing something new about how pissed off the characters' are at my lack of attention. It isn't perfect, but it gets me started... in a way.

    What about telling us a bit about what's going on in your Morrigan's mind? She has such a far away look... What does she see?



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestion! Thank you Magaly 🖤

      Delete