~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Coloring My Feelings with Soul Coaching

As part of my Soul Coaching activities, one of today's agenda items was to draw a picture representing my feelings. I had a combination of feelings today, so I drew something representing Earth, Air, Fire, and Water, but the more I look at it, I can't help but wonder if there is more to this picture.



If I were a Christian, I would say this either (1) represents Earth burning in Hell, being that our World has become so full of hate,  murder, rage, and torment, or (2) the End Times. I am not a Christian, however, so what does this represent to me as a Pagan? Hmm, let's break this down...

The Wind, obviously represents Air. The properties of Air are communication, intellect, thinking, ideas, imagination, and breath. In this picture, Air is very active; it is swirling and blowing, perhaps gusting... possibly a storm of ideas and imagination?

The tree represents the One Tree, is connected to all three realms, which in turn connects all the realms together. The tree here is sturdy and calm in the raging wind, and demonstrates stability, holding its connection to the realms with steady fortitude.

The  World represents Earth and Water. Earth's properties include prosperity, nature, stability, reality, practicality, and sense of duty. Water's properties include emotions, cleansing, sensitivity, inconsistency, imagination, and adaption. 

The flames represent Fire. Fire's properties include energy, defiance, temper, governance, passion, sexuality, cleansing, transformation and spontaneity. Fire appears to be engulfing Earth and Water possibly cleansing the Earth/World... OR perhaps it represents transformation. Well, that thought hit a note within me, so there's my answer. Now the question is... 

Does this transformation pertain to me, as this picture was drawn to represent my feelings, or does it pertain to our World?  I'm thinking, both.

No comments:

Post a Comment