~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kitty Sunset

I decided to do something different from the mixed media, sticking to strictly watercolor, with cats. I decided to make it a Mini (4x4 canvas). I love my two fur babies and chose to model my cats after Tigger (orange tabby) and Mina (black... in this case indigo). I did keep to my LOVE theme though, so I incorporated hearts into my painting... 3 of them to be precise: (1) the sun (2) the upright tails (3) and the shadow of the tails in the grass.

I had fun with this tiny project, and my mood shows in the vibrant colors, resulting in a cute whimsical piece.
This little watercolor will be for sale in my upcoming etsy shop...








2 comments:

  1. They look like they are staring into a rainbow of love ;-)

    ReplyDelete