~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Finished!

Tonight I added the finished touches to my mixed media piece:  some ribbon, buttons, sunflower stickers, painted my very first dragonfly with watercolor, and added the following words:

Love life
Courage
Joy
Strength

I wish I had better lighting and better pics, but I used my cellphone, and the lighting in my house is lacking. The colors just don't show as well as in the real deal. Oh well.  I'm real happy with my little dragonfly though. He was a last minute addition and I was too chicken to attempt painting him directly onto the canvas so I cheated. I painted him on watercolor paper, cut him out, and Mod Podged him on :)

It's not too bad for my very first attempt at a mixed media piece, and my first time painting a sunflower and dragonfly.  I had a bit of difficulty with my signature, darn it, so it's a bit sloppy. Hopefully with practice I'll improve, but what really matters is... I had fun doing it.


2 comments:

  1. I think that it is totally awesome for any kind of attempt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magaly! Coming from you that's quite a compliment :)

      Delete