~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hawk - Red Tail (Pagan Blog Project "H")


Hawks are beautiful and one of my favorites. The Hawk immediately grabs my attention and makes me go still in wonder, as something in my heart stirs and catches my breath. How can I not stop and stare? The Red Tail Hawk in particular has a special meaning for me, which I will explain in a minute.

Red Tail Hawk soars between the Two-Legged (humans) and the Spirit Realm. He represents psychic vision and is a spiritual messenger. He teaches us to be observant, aware of our insights and wisdom, for he is a direct contact to insights, wisdom, and a higher calling. He encourages us to seek wisdom with precision, to use our sharp mind on our spiritual path, and to see the big picture.



Red Hawk's gorgeous coloring comes with his maturity, which symbolizes the wisdom and beauty that comes with age, and takes time to fully reach its potential, reminding us that aging is a gift, and wisdom is earned slowly through change, and of course change follows trials... our lessons in life. Furthermore, he tells us to ride the currents of Change. Change happens for a reason, soar with it.

In July of 2010 I met my Spirit Guide for the first time. Mind you, I had been hungering for such an experience for my entire adult life, and frankly, I had grown discouraged and frustrated because, for whatever reason, I was unable to meet my Guide(s). I had been trying meditation for a very long time, to no avail. You can imagine my complete astonishment when he finally appeared to me!

I was meditating on a candle flame in the dark (of course) when out of nowhere I saw his face inside my head. He reminded me of the historical photographs of Sitting Bull but slimmer... an older Native American male, haggard in the face, with two braids. I was stunned and somehow remembered to ask him his name. I did not receive words right away, instead I received the color red, followed by an image of a hawk flying, and then I got the name Joseph... Joseph Red Hawk. I got no other message, and he was gone as quickly as he appeared. I cried for a long time afterwards, out of joy. I still cry when I remember the experience, and this is why Red Tail Hawks have such a special meaning to me.

What a magnificent and noble creature!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome experience. My husband's Spirit Animal is also the Red-Tailed Hawk. When walking from class in 2009, a large Red-Tailed Hawk landed in front of him, only a couple feet where he stood, and just looked at him. They drank each other in, then Red-Tailed Hawk flew away. Now he sees them everywhere. In dreams and when walking. Wonderful post. ~)O(~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would love to see a Red Tail Hawk that close! That's amazing! ...and Thank you!

    ReplyDelete