1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random things about me:
1) I have two grown sons, ages 19 and 27. The youngest lives with me; the oldest has his own
family and lives close by.
2) I am "Grammy" to three adorable little firecrackers, two girls ( 5 and 2), and a boy (4). They
are a hand full but I love them tons! However, they wear me out! LOL
3) I was born is a small town named Miami, Arizona and I've lived in Arizona my entire life, rarely
traveling out of State. Miami is a Copper mining town that borders Globe, Arizona. I wouldn't
be a bit surprised if you have never heard of it before.
4) I am a late bloomer, I slowly began the maturation process in my thirties but fully "grow up"
until my Dad's passing in 2006 which coincided with me breaking up with my live in long term
boyfriend, ending a 6 years Co-dependent relationship, as well as 6 years of the Hell that comes
with living with an alcoholic with some HUGE issues of his own... these two events pushed me
into that final growth spurt. A part of me is ashamed that it took so long, but a part of me is
proud of the woman I have become.
5) I'm a Libra, and Air sign, but I am more connected with Water. I love visiting the River, or a
Creek, and I would love to visit the Ocean again; it's been many years. Water soothes me and
lifts my spirit. The Element of Water also reflects my personality. I've had it suggested that I
look at the "new" astrology, which would make me a Virgo... which is Earth.
6) I am VERY close to my immediate family, and currently having some separation anxiety
regarding my Mom and my sister... they are moving out of town January 20th. I'm also having
issues with saying good-bye to our family home of 19 years (which I was just about to blog about
when I got tagged, so I will combine it to the bottom of this post)
7) It's getting more difficult to post things about myself LOL I'm going to have to resort to
favorite things here in a minute! I consider myself a simple person... kinda boring person; I
have nothing exciting to post about as my life revolves around my job and my family. I don't
travel, and I'm a major recluse... a homebody.
8) Crowded places stress me out and I get very cranky. It doesn't matter if it is a bunch of
strangers at a Mall or a party, or if it's a family gathering... too many people freak me out. I
don't consider myself an empath, but because of this, I sometimes wonder.
9) I'm shy and sometimes uncertain of myself around others...remnants of my poor self esteem.
I've come a long way, but still have lingering issues.
10) I love peanut butter on my pancakes, in addition to butter and lots of syrup, accompanied by
cold milk on ice... Mmmmm!
11) Yay, the last one... I made it LOL! Because of my past issues with the opposite sex, I no longer
trust my instincts or the male gender and have chosen to remain single and celibate. I have
remained on this path for since July 2006 and I am very happy. Maybe someday I will be ready
to try again, but for now I feel I have made the right choice for me, although... SHHhhhhh I
dream of a rich, dark-haired, light-eyed, Pagan, Irish man, complete with Irish accent, musically
talented, loving, sensitive, strong, supportive, honest, a non-smoker, a special-occasion-social-
drinker (no alcoholics!), and completely satisfied with one partner... but for now he remains a
fantasy., and maybe he always will.
11 Questions I must answer:
1. What is your favorite family activity? Camping
2. What is your least favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
3. What was your favorite family vacation? Growing up, my Dad used to drive us to Cyucus California, where we would stay at a small motel almost right on the beach. I would swim way out past the pier and was in heaven! I also loved "jumping" the waves a bit closer to the shore.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? IRELAND! As close to the ocean as I could get.
5. If you were able to do one extreme thing, what would it be? Um... I don't do Extreme LOL I'm a chicken!
6. If you won the lottery and had multi-millions, would you continue to work? Yes, I would. I have a tendency to sleep my life away and if I didn't have a job, I would probably just go to bed.
7. If money were no object, where wold you take your significant other? I don't have a significant other. But being as I live with my 19 year old... I would choose him in place of a significant other and go to the Harry Potter theme park in Florida; we a HUGE fans!
8. If you could go back and re-do one action in your life, would you? This is one of those questions that I have thought about alot; I have many regrets, but when it comes right down to it, NO I would not, because our experiences shape us into the person we are destined to become... all the good, bad and the ugly were meant to be and are a part of our divine purpose. However, I do regret the pain I have caused along the way. I have even thought that if I could take away all the heartbreak I have caused WITHOUT changing my outcome, I would BUT then I might interfere with someone else's Life Lessons... so my answer remains NO. Everything has a purpose.
9. What ancient man-made structure would you like to visit? Stonehenge!!!
10. Who is your favorite author? Omg, I have several!!! If I had to pick just one, my standing all time fave is Laurell K. Hamilton.
11. Which do you prefer: werewolves or vampires (not a Jacob vs. Edward question)? Arrg... the agony of choosing! NOoooooo! I LOVE wolves, and therefore inclined to favor Werewolves BUT Vampires are sexy as hell! Can't I just be like Anita Blake and have both?!
My 11 tags are:
Can we have a New Witch Ours Melted
A Broom and The Moon
The Vortex Diaries
The Antlered Road
The Domestic Pagan
Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom
A Witch's Hour Blog
Rue and Hyssop
And my questions to them are:
1. What is your favorite Season?
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. Who is your favorite fictional character?
5. Who was your favorite teacher, and why?
6. Do you have a favorite comfort item;what is it?
7. If you could be reincarnated as another living creature (non-human) what would
8. Did you have a reoccurring dream as a child; if so, what was it?
9. If you could have any career you wanted, what would it be?
10. Do you have a phobia; what is it?
11. What is your favorite movie?
Last Night's Card
After a weekend of sorting and packing up the old house, Sunday night at bedtime I was suddenly hit unawares with a crying outburst. I guess sorting, disposing, donating, packing and storing, AND seeing the house bare must have caught up to me emotionally as well as physically. I decided to draw from my Goddess Oracle deck, and got Tara.
Her card says:
"Your wish can be granted if you ask for help."
Tara is much more than a Hindu Goddess; she is a female Buddha. Her skin is many colors and represents many different aspects some of which include liberation, intervention, success, achievements, and compassion, healing, and prosperity. She is known as the Mother of Mercy, Goddess of Intervention. The White Tara gently protects and brings peace; the Green Tara overcomes obstacles.