~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Friday, November 9, 2018

Autumn Longing


Glistening raindrops cling to leaves
Decorating Autum's foliage
Trembling on dark branches
Amongst the swirling mist of dawn
Whispering secrets
Foretelling Winter's embrace 

In the southwestern portion of Arizona we are not blessed with the glorious colors that favor other portions of the United States this time of year (or even in Northern AZ). I have to make due with admiring photos of trees in stunning reds and golds on the internet, and using my imagination.

Looking at these photos, I can almost feel the chilly wetness kissing my face, the refreshing, misty wind teasing my hair,  and the smell of damp rich earth!

(big sigh of longing)

How I wish I could enjoy the gorgeous Fall foliage that graces my non-Arizonan friends days. Can we switch locations for a day?

Photo by Steve Gravano

Photo by Bjorgvin Gudmundsson

Photo by John Lehat

2 comments:

  1. Since we are about to get our first frost (and goodness knows that cold and I aren't the best of friends), I would be more than willing to change locations for a day... even for a whole season. If you get here soon, you'll get to enjoy the bright leaves before they freeze stiff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bones aren't fond of freezing cold, either, but I would love to visit before Winter hits. If only...

      Delete