~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Friday, March 8, 2013

Mixed Media Weekend

So Friday it was pouring rain, and my artsy mood won over.  It was a good day to get creative :)
I have plenty of watercolor and acrylic paint, but needed a some other things, so I took a trip to my local Walmart and picked up a few supplies:

Canvas (didn't want to use watercolor paper for this project)
Mod Podge
Stencil
Scrapbook paper
Sponges
Stamps

I've never done a mixed media piece before, nor have I ever attempted to paint a sunflower.
I began with freehanding an outline of the sunflower in pencil, then started painting it with watercolors, adding a bit of background as I went. I used salt in the wet paint to get that texture for the flower.
Step 1


After it dried, I added more watercolor, drying in between, and then I added some decorative paper with mode podge, some stencils, stamps, lace, etc.
Step 2


Step 3, Lace


What will happen next? To be continued.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment