~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Thursday, March 7, 2013

Artsy Ideas

I've been researching mixed media ideas, trying to figure out what I want my painting to consist of, etc and and I've found a few cool pieces for examples, as well as learning about all the different mediums, tools, and everyday household items that I can use for textures, etc. My mind is just spinning with ideas right now!

Here are a few ideas I found...

Using pages from an old book, or newspaper as the background or in specifics areas


I love the use of cardboard in this one; what a clever idea!
Different textures, using a variety of miscellaneous items from sponges, to bubble wrap.

All this makes me want to hit the thrift stores, craft isles, and sewing isles in search of goodies to use and supplies to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment