~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Art: Finding Peace

My friend Magaly has issued a blog challenge: Finding Peace... a Bit at a Time to blog about whatever it is we do that nourishes us.

Mostly, I love to draw and paint. My artwork brings me peace; it gets my mind off my troubles, and permits me to create a bit of beauty in periods of darkness. It's therapeutic, perhaps even meditative.

My current work in progress: Morrigan.
The goddess was my inspiration, so naturally I titled it after her. She's gazing into the distance, perhaps using her sight to see the future and/or current events. She wears a raven headress, and painted wings upon her eyes. Ravens are in the distance, with a full moon lighting their path. The unfinished symbols are sigils that are messages to myself, and for my home:
(1) I am one with the sun, moon, and sea
(2) I learn to love myself
(3) This place is protected


Two of my other recent pieces...

"Protection"
Acrylics and copper foil

"Guardian of the Forest"
Watercolor, acrylic, and pen

4 comments:

  1. Creating something that spills right out of our souls is meditative, indeed... It's almost an energy exchange, putting what ails us in the work, getting the power renew in the results.

    I love that her vision has wings (I bet she will be glorious when you finish). And the fact that the other two works dance around protection makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it as an energy exchange, but you are so right! ♡

      Delete
  2. I love how you worked sigyls into the piece for a little extra oomph. I hope you share the finished piece. The finished pieces are marvelous too.

    ReplyDelete