~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Saturday, November 3, 2018

Spiritual Self Care Day



I've been really struggling with this damned  depression, and I knew I had to find something to get my butt out of bed for this weekend, so when I was reminded that my local Witchy shop was having an event, I set my alarm to go. A spiritual self care day sounded like great medicine to me.

When my alarm went off this morning, I seriously thought about just staying in bed. I didn't feel like getting up or going anywhere, but I forced myself out of bed,  got ready, and left the house... feeling rather numb, and drove 30 minutes to my destination.

The owner of Tanja's was celebrating the anniversary of her shop with a day of cookies, tea, $15 card readings, $15 minute reiki sessions, pet readings, and $5/5 minute chair massage (I got 2).

Messages

My card reading made me cry, mainly because my mom came through. It was really good to hear that she's happy and surrounded by "a large group of people" which I presume is our family on the other side. How I miss her... and hurt. The pain never really goes away, but receiving her message gave me some comfort. 

The cards themselves gave me confirmation about something that I have been thinking lately... that I have wondered about myself. In short, the cards said that I help people on a spiritual level. It's good to hear that I make a difference. The cards also said my depression will pass, and that I will have the support of new female friends... recently entering life, or coming into my life soon.

The pet reading was fun. The woman gave me info about my sister's deceased cat, and our two living cats as well. She described my Tigger and my son's Mina as yin and yang, describing Tigger as a very kicked-back personality, and Mina as a mean Alpha. It made me laugh,  because she really hit the mark, there! She also said (regarding Mina) that she got a vision of a boat. I then explained to her that Mina was found in a boat when she was a kitten, and her name is actually Marina for that reason, but I call her Mina because of her personality. I thought that was a pretty cool confirmation.

Healing

The chair massage was nice. The woman found several knots around my shoulder blades and along the sides of my spine. Her hands massaged and applied direct pressure, loosening my trapezoids and relaxing my back. I wish I could have done a longer session, but the too-short mini session was relaxing and beneficial.

The reiki session.... well, I didn't feel anything,  but I tend not to feel energies. I'm uncertain if it did anything for me or not. She did say that I have a large energy field, and my chakras are spinning, but slowly. She also mentioned that in gifted but closed off.  I've been told that before... I don't know how to open myself. 

When I ask how to open myself, I get a vision of a closed door... a dark green, almost black, wooden cottage looking door, with a rounded top, and flowers hanging (or painted) above the door, surrounded by stucco walls. I'm guessing I need to visualize opening that door. I'll have to work on that.

Conclusion

Afterwards, I browsed the shop and found a Halloween Oracle deck, that I just had to have. It speaks to my dark side and my love of Halloween... depicting skulls, skeletons, graves, the moon, owls, a black cat, a cauldron, and more. By the time I left, it was 2 hours later, I felt a bit lighter. I'm  glad that I forced myself to go.

Depression is a bitch, but you can't let it win. You have to fight it... and today I did.
Tomorrow I'll fight it some more.

Keep fighting ❤


2 comments:

  1. Activity is one of the best remedies, methinks. Especially if said activity involves things we enjoy. I'm happy you found a reason to get out of bed, that you got a glimpse of your mom (tears and all), that the massage felt good... And that you know that Depression is a bastard that can be kicked in the teeth.

    May we always find the strength to get up... and kick.

    ReplyDelete