~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Saturday, January 19, 2013

Humdrums & Randomness

Well, I'm still muddling through... excuse my ramblings as my thoughts jump from here, there, and everywhere. Its an insomnia night, tonight. It's currently past 3:30 AM and here I sit. Random thoughts of bills, to-do's, and Mom are running through my head. I had another one of those whammies that sneak up on you and you realize you are never going to see your loved one again in this lifetime. I miss her so much, and it hurts like hell.

I made through my first full week of work since Mom got sick in late November, and it wiped me out. I also had a day full of anxiety Thursday and went into panic mode (work related). I finally had to put that particular bit of work aside to revisit Monday; maybe I will face it more calmly by then.

I still have Mom's chest of drawers in the back of the Trailblazer from moving my sister last weekend, along with Mom's nightstand and a box of her stuff. I guess its going to stay in there until I can wrangle up a man to come help unload it and move it into the house.

By the way, the move didn't go so smooth: Deb's entertainment center got broke (two legs broke off), her dining table got damaged, my oldest granddaughter fell and is now sporting two staples in the back of her head, and a bag of my dirty clothes went missing. I'm hoping they are inside the chest of drawers or something, and not in the trash (sigh) I have such few clothes! I ended up in pain (my back) and thought I was in trouble for awhile there. Oh, and instead of the cable company transferring her cable to the new addy, they cancelled her account and turned it off. WTF poor Deb, and now she has bronchitis, so needless to say she is miserable and not up for company, so I stayed home this weekend, and I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing!

Now I'd best give this puter a rest and try to get some sleep. Time to sign off....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is quite a bit. I didn't know. I hope your granddaughter feels better soon, and that the bags are in the truck like you think they might.

    Your mom is watching over you, but you already knew that. And I know it doesn't make it hurt any less. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete