~Welcome~

a little bit of fiction, poetry, artwork, and life in general


QUOTES TO LIVE BY:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain" (unknown)

"Without Darkness, there would be no Light" (unknown)


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dancing with Spider

My morning ritual started as my norm... hitting the snooze button several times before reluctantly climbing out of bed, grabbing my robe and towel, stumbling around the cats to the bathroom and taking a shower. After drying off and wrapping my hair, I reached for my robe and put it on my still damp body; I already had one arm in a sleeve and was putting the other arm in when I noticed a wolf spider inside my robe.

Stifling screams I frantically danced around trying to pry my clinging robe off my damp body, spinning around in circles, yanking at my robe and making little squeals, trying not to wake up my son LOL the damned thing finally fell on to the floor before I managed to rip that robe off of me. Needless to say, I killed that sucker, then promptly shook the hell out of my robe and reluctantly put it back on for my trip back to my bedroom.

Needless to say, all my morning grogginess had magically disappeared... gee imagine that!  **said with much sarcasm**

I'm sorry, I know I'm not suppose to cause harm but me and spiders... well we don't get along. They like me but I do not like them! I actually think Spider is one of my Totems; I have had run ins with them my entire life, starting as a toddler when I was confronted by a tarantula, which my Granddad killed. I have had face to face encounters, close encounters, near miss encounters, I have been bitten, and have had several dreams in the form of nightmares. The lore of a Spider Totem is actually pretty cool and I can see definite similarities...  I love to draw, paint, color, craft, and enjoy writing poetry as well as blogging... but ugh, they freak me out! Sorry Spider :(

Snow greeted me again this morning; it snowed off and on all day yesterday, through the night and off and on again this morning! I'm am currently sitting at my desk at work cuddling with my heating pad LOL! The roads were actually clear this morning though whereas yesterday morning I slid through the intersection at work as well as every corner on the Res on the way to the office! Thankfully I managed to stay on the road... sheesh!

Here are some pics from the office today........




Word has it that we are getting more snow here in Arizona that back East... even in Maine!  According to the forecast we are suppose to get even more snow this weekend; this is the most snowfall we have had in a long time and its beautiful... even though it's making a slushy muddy mess out of my front yard LOL

2 comments:

  1. Poor spider, but its survival of the fittest, or in this case, of the one who can spin and dance faster ;-)

    And about the snow... it's a little creepy, isn't it? I have a few friends in New Mexico who are not happy about the weather's behavior, either. The Earth is just having some severe mood swings, isn't she? Hope we can help her find balance soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE spiders, fear them, loathe them, and kill them! (in the house) Wolf spiders are the worst, they can get so damn big here in NJ, especially since we live in the woods.
    They freak me out, if one is spotted, and attempted but unsuccessful killing of said spider ensues. I can NOT sleep that night...knowing it is in my house and can crawl into my bed.

    Do you know, they say at any given moment in time, every human being is within 6' of a spider. THAT freaks me out also!

    NOW, we have this new ALIEN, for about the past 9 months...I swore it was an alien, it looks like a wolf spider mated with a cricket.
    I finally know what they are...CAMEL CRICKETS.
    These are UGLY Effers, that not only freak me out they CREEP me out, and everyone else who has ever seen one.

    You are definitely not alone, and I admire your restraint, as I would have been screaming my head off, it that was my robe.

    LOVE your snow pictures, thanks for sharing :)
    BB,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete